STAGE YOUR HOME TO BE SUMMER SENSATIONAL! Summertime is here and, if you're like most people, you're ready to throw the windows wide open and invite the season (and potential buyers) inside.
STAGE YOUR HOME TO BE SUMMER SENSATIONAL
STAGE YOUR HOME TO BE SUMMER SENSATIONAL!
Summertime is here and, if you're like most people, you're ready to throw the windows wide open and invite the season (and potential buyers) inside.
Staging your home with a little "summertime flavor" is a can't-miss strategy for getting your home sold quickly and for top dollar. Not only do buyers find it easier to visualize a property as theirs when it's staged, but they also are more willing to overlook property faults.
Try these ideas for a beautiful boost:
• Invite the light! Replace heavy winter drapes with light, airy sheers. They're perfect for letting the light into your home and adding a touch of breeziness to your windows!
• Store the winter rugs. Summer screams for light throw rugs or even bare wood or cool tile. Vacuum or air out your winter rugs, then roll them in paper for storage, or send them out to be cleaned and stored for the summer!
• Swap out the shades. As long as you're "lightening" up, summer is a perfect time to top table lamps with fun, lightweight paper or fabric shades. Swapping shades for a clean summer vibe is a relatively inexpensive way to change the look and feel of your living space!
• Repurpose your fireplace. Give your fireplace a summertime touch by first removing all of the ashes and cleaning out the soot. Add pillar candles of different heights, an airy fireplace screen, a large fern or even a basket of flowers for a refreshing change.
• Rejuvenate the rooms. Swap heavy comforters for light summer bedspreads, cool cotton sheets, and bright, airy bed skirts. Consider adding bouquets of fresh flowers, seashells and travel magazines to nightstands or magazine racks in both bedrooms and bathrooms.
• Get moving. Rearrange your furniture for a more open setting. It will make you feel like you're in a whole new home – or a summer retreat!
• Lighten the way. Repaint a dark hallway a new hue such as buttery yellow, fresh apple green or the lightest of blues to really open up a dark "alley" in your home.
Staging to bring a little summertime whimsy into your home will result in a fun place to rest and relax after a busy day – and could increase your home's value compared to similar unstaged homes by as much as 10%!
If you have questions about staging techniques or any other real estate-related topics, give me a call today. I'm happy to help, and I'd love to share my Free Report: Five Great Tips for Selling This Summer.